- See more at: http://www.bloggerology.com/2013/06/chronological-order-blogger-posts.html#sthash.ehiw2TP4.dpuf

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Adventures In Little Rock - Part IV

I meant to blog throughout this entire adventure, but between work and the many hours spent putting up a show, I've had very little down-time. Now with only 10 more days on this contract, I finally found a few moments to sit down and reflect. (Perhaps enough moments to even make chocolate bowls to hold my dipped berries for the cast & crew.)


This is the fourth time I've been out in Little Rock to do a show at Arkansas Repertory Theatre. One of my dear friends (as far back as Elementary/Middle School) lives in this state, and I've made a handful of really great friends that have become part of my "chosen family" over the years.

That being said, I've previously traveled here alone - typically becoming homesick within the first several weeks of my arrival. This time, however, my sweetie insisted that he couldn't bear a 7-week absence. Since he works from home, he uprooted his life (and his home office) to come with me. We loaded up my car and set off on our first road trip together. (Road trips with me are ALWAYS an adventure!) Even though I've spent a lot of time at his place (I mean, his condo is right on the water - who wouldn't?) this is the first time we've been together 24/7 for longer than a few days or so.

So, there have been many firsts in the past month. My first time in Little Rock with a companion, my first time sharing the immersive, away-from-home, 'creative process' of musical theatre with a non-theatre person (cinema doesn't count - that's a totally different ballgame altogether), and my first time doing double-duty with a daytime job (telecommuting for an entire 7 weeks) and doing a show on top of those responsibilities. It has been a whirlwind!

I've had a bit of time to reflect and meditate, however, and the one characteristic I keep coming back to is gratitude. I'm so grateful for these experiences. Grateful for the work, the art, the support, the love, the encouragement, the partnerships... I'm grateful for the folly of my youth and the resulting appreciation for mature, learned, focused, unconditional relationships. I'm grateful for the friends I've made along the way and the contribution I can make to the world around me.

Being back here has reminded me that it takes very little energy to show gratitude and appreciation. It's an easy decision to make - to approach every day with gratitude and joy - and it's a daily decision.

I am so grateful. There's not a single day that I will take for granted. Living in peace with everything and everyone around me. Finding the joy, finding the bliss - and even creating it for myself and others when and where I can.









No comments:

Post a Comment